This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An important article for Christians

Since our departure from the Episcopal Church in November of 2007, I've made a commitment to myself to avoid becoming engrossed with the goings-on in that body. Now, I'm still an Anglican, so I can't totally ignore it, but I don't read the blogs with near the fervency I once did.
However, the situation in the Episcopal Church is the canary in the coal mine. Christians of all denominations (or non-denominations) are wise to pay attention to the bigger issues here.

Today, I was catching up on some blog reading and came across this series of articles by Matt Kennedy from StandFirm. I've not read the entire series, yet, but I am recommending it to you after reading only the first four paragraphs. Don't let the "anglican" label throw you off - this really is important stuff for all Christians to be paying attention to.

The series is from two lectures he presented to the LCMS Atlantic District Pastors' Conference entitled: "Mere Christianity in a Pluralist World" and is divided into four posts: One Two Three and Four.

If you are like me and find it difficult to read lengthy articles on the computer screen, you can scroll to the bottom of the post and select "Printer-Friendly". Also, continue looking for the audio versions on Stand Firm.

3 comments:

DebD said...

Kerry, thanks for this. I, too, don't follow much from my former tradition - its just too frustrating and leads to pride on my part. But, I will read this with interest, especially since my former (and hubby's current)pastor was probably at this conference - at least I hope he was by reading the first little bit of the article. KWIM??

Kerry said...

yes, I know what you mean! I've still not had time to print and read through the whole thing. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you've read through it. (Especially as someone from the Eastern side of the Church.)

Anne said...

Thanks for linking Matt. I had to read the whole thing probably a total of five times as he worked through it. Really wanted to go hear him give it but it just didn't work out.