This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Saturday, December 12, 2009

Peter Piper's Picks : Advent 2 edition


Welcome to Peter Piper's Picks for the week of Advent 2!

:-: Catholic Cuisine is a wealth of ideas for celebrating the church year. I think this idea for a "Jesse Tea" is just fabulous. I'm filing this in my "next year" ideas file! Wouldn't this be fun to do with a few families, each one bringing a few of the snacks to share?

:-: My friend Lynne at Sweetbriar Patch has written a lovely essay about Spiritual Disciplines and Advent. You don't want to miss it.

:-: Recently, I was involved (mostly listening, as it were) in a conversation about the spirit of Advent - is it deeply penitent, lightly penitent, why not Christmas carols, etc. I really like iMonk's post about the Mood of Advent: needfulness.

:-: Andrew at Quiddity asks A Serious Question About Christmas. It is one I've pondered myself, but haven't brave enough to really answer. Perhaps because I know what my answer would be and I just can't imagine the implications . . . .

and finally . . .




And now dear friends, I'm off to get ready to attend a lovely Brunch being hosted by my church's middle school girls' bible study group. I'm so excited - they are a sweet group of girls and I'm honored to be invited!

Have a fantastic Saturday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED your video! Thanks for posting that :)

Unknown said...

excellent blog. I am glad that I met on the net. Interesting posts that have to be necessarily shared. Congratulations!
you did a good job here .. Keep up the good work and a splendid Sunday to you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.