This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Friday, May 18, 2007

A Literary Meme

I saw this at The Common Room blog.

Here's what you do:
1. grab the book closest to you
2. open it to page 161
3. find the fifth full sentence
4. post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.

The book right beside my computer is The Latin Centered Curriclum by Andrew Campbell. I'm working on next year's (and this summer's) lessons and am referring to it frequently as I type our lesson plans. I really recommend it to anyone currently or considering a classical education for their family.

Ok, when I turn to p 161, there are only 3 complete sentences and some lists of books, so I'm going to find the fifth full sentence on the next page that has a fifth sentence. That would be page 165. Here is the sentence:

Is it accurate to claim, as one Christian curriculum publisher does, that the "classical Greek approach focuses on Greek literature and man's reasoning. The Hebrew methods focus on God's Word and faith"?

If you post the meme on your blog, let me know!

0 comments: