This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How about this for socialization?

This statement sums up exactly what was the "straw that broke the camel's back" in our decision to homeschool:

"Think about the shift that occurred somewhere whereby the school and not parents now has the authority to determine if an absence is 'excused' or not."

Read the rest of the post at The Common Room blog entitled, "It Could Happen Here" . A shocking look at where far-left influences have led education in one European country. Sadly, the US may not be far behind - my apologies to Mrs. Cromelin, my sophmore year English teacher, who informeed me that a particular argument I'd proposed could not be made because, "The US is not Sweden." She was right, but maybe I wasn't so far off after all.

0 comments: