This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Thursday, October 6, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real} -:- October 6


{pretty}


Kalliope and I gathered bags full of these lovely dark brown nuts.  They look like acorns, but littered the ground under what didn't look like an oak tree.  (None of the typical oak leaves I'm familiar with at least.)  Anyone know what these are?  Regardless, they are very pretty and now fill a tall jar on my buffet.



{happy}


Artemisia doing what she loves best - painting!  I'm such a bad mom.  She had to BEG me to paint.  "Mom," she pleaded, "I've been waiting for weeks to paint!"  It was true, she'd been asking and I'd been putting her off.  She's very happy, can't you tell?  

I don't know why I hesitate to let her paint.  She loves it and she is very careful to tidy up after.



{funny}


 A very silly moment. 


{real} 


My perpetually messy desk.  I've heard there is a "bread box principle", which I think means everything on your desk should fit into a bread box or it is too much.  HA!   On top of my white shelf is a radio/iPod/CD player that is almost always on, a photo of hubby in the island of Samothraki, an antique framed card my great-grandmother gave my grandmother, and a stack of slinkies to go in our CC tutor's goodie box.  I wonder what website that is on my computer screen?

0 comments: