This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Saturday, July 12, 2008

Peter Piper's Picks: July 12th


What Every American Should Know About the Middle East.

How southern are you? I'm a full-blooded Dixie girl, but I still only scored 83%. But this survey was created by a bunch of Yankees. :) If you scored higher, let me hear it - I personally think it's not possible. Heh.

A FREE booklet from the Core Knowledge Series ("What Your __ Grader Needs To Know"): Teaching Your Child to Read.
Are biofuels a significant factor in rising food costs? This report makes it seem that there is only one major factor and I doubt that, but I am concerned about how using food for fuel may be impacting food economics.

How to be more patient - 15 tips. Certainly someone besides me needs this list, right?

Looking for a tutorial? 15 Awesome Tutorial Websites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not very southern. My score was: "45% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category." Kinda funny, considering that I've lived in Texas for the past 9 years. :)

Good tips on patience; I definitely need improvement in this area.

Kerry said...

Like I said, I'm a little doubtful about the scoring. We went through and specifically chose the most southern answers possible and I still only scored 83%. :)