This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Sunday Menus

Easter Sunday is fast approaching and I'm late making my plans. Perhaps you are, too? Are you looking for some last minute ideas for your Easter Sunday meals? Here's what I have planned (with linked recipes!).


Breakfast
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage (the "old stand-by", but it is good and I have the sausage already cooked and ready to go in my freezer)

Armenian Easter Bread - "Choereg" (if I can get to the middle eastern grocery for the mahleb spice needed)

Fresh Fruit and yogurt


Lunch/Snack
Deviled eggs and veggie platter (we'll get home late after church where we will have had snacks)


Dinner
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary (cooked in the Dutch Oven - I like the ease of letting the pot and the oven do the work!)

Ginger Ale Salad (a fruit salad in jello - southerners can't have a special meal without some congealed salad!)

Gratin Dauphinois

Asparagus with Bernaise (I know the usual is Hollandaise, but I just love the flavor of Bernaise with asparagus) (here is a "quick" version)

Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble a la Mode


Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe via email or RSS.

2 comments:

Trish Southard said...

Enjoyed reading a new blog with meticulous organization and insights for cooks at every level of experience. I'm grateful to you and love your style.

Kerry said...

Why, Trish, thank you for your kind comment! I hope you'll come back for frequent visits. There was a little bit of a hiatus while our family completed an international adoption (and we got stuck in country trying to get our daughter out)...but I plan on getting back into the swing of it now!