This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, February 28, 2011

Daybook - February 28th

Eve of St. David's Feast



outside my window . . . 60degrees already and it is not quite 8am!  What a strange warm way to end February.


I am listening to . . . NPR - Groupon is moving into China, the world's largest internet market.


I am wearing . . .  something that I think is much too warm for the day's weather.


I am so grateful for . . . my mom making it through surgery safely.


I am thinking . . . about blog names for my kids.  I get so tired of "Middle son", etc.  Just lacks personality!

around the house . . . making laundry soap today.  It helps to have laundry soap when you have the entire household's wardrobes to wash.    

real education in our home . . . We finally finished Adam and His Kin and now begin a trilogy of Gilgamesh picture books.  


rhythm and beauty in our home . . . made a simple dining room centerpiece from pale green candles set in various sizes of glass jars.  The whole thing cost me less than $30.  


the church year in our home . . . have just about finalized our Lent meals


one of my favorite things . . . two old typesetter drawers that we hang on the wall and fill with little bits of nature we find.


recent milestones . . .  Toddler L has really made some huge leaps in the vocabulary department.  She is doing much better at imitating the words we ask her to say.  


the week ahead. . . 
:-: Monday bible study this afternoon
:-: Tuesday is St. David's day - forgot to get my daffodils planted in order to force them.  Need to plan a small celebration.
:-: Wednesday - a possible trip to a local skate park.
:-: Thursday - couples' book study: And Then I Had Teenagers (great book!)
:-: Saturday - youth event and a birthday party for one of little E's best friends.


picture thoughts . . .

This is from my school table - truly this is exactly how it looked last week.

   

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love that picture! What's in the notebook?

Kerry said...

The notebook is my middle son's assignment book. I'm trying to teach him to use this, but it is slow going. :)