This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, February 7, 2011

Daybook - February 7th

outside my window . . .  blue skies are peeking above the trees and I think we'll have a clear day!

I am listening to . . . the train whistle from a mile or two away.

I am wearing . . . black wool sweater,  bright blue scarf, and jeans.

I am so grateful for . . . mom getting home from the hospital!  (came to visit and had to stay longer due to a kidney stone)

I'm pondering . . . my leggy paperwhites - they seemed so cheerful a few weeks ago, but now they are just overgrown and faded.

I am reading . . . Finished The White Queen.  I kept hoping for it to get better, but it never really did.  Not one of her more compelling stories.  I'm not even sure I want to try The Red Queen.

I am thinking . . .  about limit-setting and coming alongside.

I am creating . . . my crochet wrap stalled last week, I hope to find some quiet time this week to work on it.

from the kitchen . . . I need to start thinking about Valentine's day goodies.  I have in mind heart-shaped sugar cookies with chocolate royal icing.  Sprinkles, too, maybe!

real education in our home . . .  just trying to catch up here a bit.

rhythm and beauty in our home . . . a doily heart garland on the fireplaces, I think, will be a festive decoration for this time of year.

the church year in our home . . . pulling out the St. Valentine book, making the icon, and planning a feast day celebration.

one of my favorite things . . .  our kitten, the Great King Louie, playing with his tail or a stray lego or a left behind sock.

the week ahead. . .
:-: Mom and Step-Dad stay in town for a few more days.
:-: bible study this afternoon: NT Wright's study of 2 Corinthians (our first meeting is today)
:-: church meeting Wednesday; and book study (And Then I Had Teenagers) Thursday.
:-: friends over Friday night
:-: birthday party for one of Little E's friends Saturday

0 comments: