This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, March 7, 2011

Daybook - March 7th

outside my window . . .  the grass is starting to poke out from under the landscaper's straw.  I feel hopeful that we might actually have a yard of grass rather than mud one day.

I am listening to . . . my oven's creaks and whooshes as it heats up.

I am wearing . . . brown sweater, medium blue top, jeans, fluffed-but-unwashed hair.

I am reading . . . The Wives of Henry the VIII (A Fraser) and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand

I am thinking . . . about how tired I am and that it might be tired to start taking melatonin again!  It really does help me sleep better.

on my iPod . . .  catching up on a few podcasts today while I do my baking.

around the house . . .  oh, the weekend has put our house is a bit of disarray.  At some point today I sure hope to get it straightened up.  Little E's room needs some SERIOUS attention this week.

from the kitchen . . . batches and batches of sweet treats today for an open house (eldest son's school).

real education in our home . . . tomorrow a friend is coming to give a lesson in water colors.

rhythm and beauty in our home . . . I am trying to determine how to cozy up our kitchen eating area.  The area is large and open and has lots of windows and light.  I love that, but it lacks something cozy and anchoring.  

the church year in our home . . . Ash Wednesday is this week, and of course that means the beginning of Lent.  Trying to decide where to place our family altar.  I moved during the holidays to make room for some special decorations and never put it back in its original location.  I like where it is now, but it isn't a place we can gather as a family, so I'm considering a change to that.

one of my favorite things . . .  fancily painted fingernails on cute little girls.

the week ahead. . .
:-: Today: open house for eldest son's school
:-: Tuesday : water color lesson, and Shrove Tuesday pot luck at church
:-: Wednesday: Ash Wednesday services
:-: Thursday: a special birthday!

a picture thought . . .

Down at the creek a few weeks ago.  Still some icy bits to crunch through.

0 comments: