This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Art Smart!

There is really something important about the fine arts and brain development. Recent research shows how fine arts (from music to drama) can help develop the brain and thinking power. This article just whet my appetite to read more!

Having the fine arts as a part of our lifestyle has always been important to me. My eldest son has long enjoyed taking part in drama classes and plays. My middle son took cello lessons for a year and would like to take up another instrument. My daughter takes ballet. They all enjoy drawing and creating on an almost daily basis. We listen to lots of music: classical, folk, fun. I don't do as much picture study as I'd like, but we do some and that is better than none.

How do you incorporate fine arts into your children's education or life?

HT: the evangelical outpost's "Thirty-three things"

0 comments: