This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, May 5, 2008

Seasonal Food Carnival

As you may have noticed, I'm trying to cook more seasonall (and more locally) for my family. We've really enjoyed the extra fresh food and the rhythm of seasonal cooking the last 8 or so months. But sometimes I get stumped, and I sure would love to be able to compare notes with other friends who are also going "seasonal".

So, are you (or would you like to learn more about) going "seasonal"? If you'd be willing to contribute to or would be an interested reader of carnival like this, leave me a comment!

5 comments:

Bronwen said...

Having just finished enjoying the joys of our own purple sprouting brocoli... I would like to plan more for a year round seasonal kitchen garden. Any advice and suggestions would be welcomed... though I don't know how similar your seasonal veg will be with mine in UK!

Anonymous said...

Ditto everything Bronwen said (right down the the purple sprouting broccoli - we're almost done with ours too - yum!). I've been reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle recently, and it's really motivated me to get some more veg in the ground here, but our growing season in Scotland is pretty different to yours there. However, recipes and suggestions would be fab.

~liz said...

hi! i'm a lurker here (ever since the advent carnival, i think?). i'd love to partake in a seasonal eating carnival.
there is a similar summer-long project called One Local Summer that you may also be interested in! :) details here: http://onelocalsummer.blogspot.com/2008/05/announcing-2008-one-local-summer.html
~liz
www.smithical.com

Spinneretta said...

Sounds good to me... I love eating seasonally when the food comes in ;)

Kerry said...

Liz! Thanks for coming out of "lurkdom" :) to say "HI"! I'm going to go check out the "One Local Summer". Thanks for the tip!