This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook - Sept 22nd

For today, September 22nd, 2008

Outside my Window...oh, my it's been a busy, busy day and I'm only now getting to my blog and it is DARK outside. The evening air is lovely and cool.

I am thinking... that I'm not going to oversleep tomorrow like I did today.

From the learning rooms... our co-op is talking about the Pilgrims, but I'm emphasizing the fact that Jamestown was first (my Virginia roots can't let that slide).

I am thankful for... a new sandbox that my kids are thrilled with!

From the kitchen... a Clafouti aux Poires (pear flan)

I am wearing... gray pants, white blouse, blue sweater vest

I am reading... just finished "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" - it was so good!! Now, I'm going to pick up a non-fiction: "The Family Cloister" and an autobiography "Life and Times of the Lightening Bolt Kid"

I am hoping... for a better day tomorrow for two of my kids

I am creating... a list of all the wonderful things I plan to make from my new cookbook: Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child

I am hearing... my middle son coming downstairs again because he's having trouble getting to sleep

Around the house... my daughter's room manages to be the MESSIEST room in the entire house. It is almost too much to take! I keep hoping for the day she can't take it anymore and starts keeping it neater.

One of my favorite things... my toes feeling so chilly last night I had to put on my fuzzies to keep them warm - yeah, fall is here!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...

  • Boys have their first soccer clinic tomorrow
  • A round-table discussion on homeschooling for an upcoming show on "Raising An Amazing Generation" (INSP channel)
  • Family Reunion in South Carolina this weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
My husband and son walking home from breakfast on my son's birthday. Hubby takes each child out to breakfast on their birthday. We have a great little local eatery just down the road from our neighborhood - easy walking distance. It's not a great photo, but it was a very happy occassion and I wanted to share that with you!


You can read more posts (and more about the Daybook) here.


Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to subscribe via email or RSS to receive my blog updates.

1 comments:

DebD said...

I love your family birthday tradition. What a great idea.

I hope today is better (although I'd love to sleep in one day LOL).