This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Friday, August 7, 2009

Weekly Wrap-Up - Aug 7th

In lieu of another long-drawn out dissertation on "what we did this week", I thought perhaps you might enjoy a few snapshots.

First day of school for 2009-2010 was Wednesday!

Transfiguration Day Feast.

Picking figs, considering selling them, and then deciding that a batch of fig ice cream would be nicer. We just love those figs too much to part with them for mere cash!

From House on Pooh corner: Pooh looking for breakfast at Kanga's home and "beginning to feel a little eleven o'clockish." And Pooh discussing writing poetry: "It is the best way to write poetry, letting things come."

A Post-It note schedule that works with our family's need for flexibility.

Deciding that our week can start on Wednesdays if that works better for my planning purposes. So, instead of my planning sheets beginning on Monday, they go: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday. (Our Classical Conversations group meets on Wednesday, so I was always finding myself planning by half-weeks: CC Week 1 on Mon and Tues, then CC Week 2 on Thurs and Fri. For some reason it annoyed me!)

Overcoming my perfectionistic tendencies that would have me wait to start school until everything was in perfect order. We are winging it a bit, but it is good to be started.

An impromtu magic show by our two sons. They are getting quite Magical, those two!

Visit Kris' blog for more Weekly Wrap-Ups!


Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to subscribe via email or RSS to receive my blog updates.

3 comments:

Cheryl - Somewhat Crunchy said...

You have a fig tree?? I'm so jealous!

It looks like you had a fgreat start to your year :)

Anonymous said...

Seeing your neatly organized school cabinet makes me want to bring mine upstairs from the basement and get it all organized. However, I'm thinking my dh probably draws the line slightly before school cabinets in the dining room and I don't have anywhere else to put it.

Oh, well. I'll just admire yours. ;-)

Thanks for joining the Wrap-Up this week!

6intow said...

I like the idea of starting the week mid-week. Way to think out of the box! So often we keep doing what we have been doing all along even though it doesn't really make sense.

Thanks for sharing,
Erin