This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Saturday, August 29, 2009

Peter Piper's Picks - Aug 29, Culture Edition


A peek at life in the Middle East during Ramadan.

Would you like to challenge yourself to learn more about China? How about taking a "China Challenge. "! BiblioFile has put together a China Challenge book reading and learning activity list (with different requirements, so you can choose your commitment level). A few years ago, I traveled to China with Dear Neighbor to bring her adopted daughter home, so I've done a number of these already. I think I'll try the "Silk Road" level! HT: TongguMama


Perhaps "travel as a force for peace" is stretching it, but I certainly believe that when we learn about another culture first-hand it will change us. Particularly, we learn to cherish a culture and a people.

0 comments: