This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook - Oct 20th

For today, October 20th, 2008:

Outside my Window... IT'S HERE! Really and truly Autumn has arrived in the Piedmont of NC. Crisp and wonderfully cool! The leaves are just starting to turn faintly yellow with a touch of orange here and there and the sky is that saturated blue lovingly known here as "Carolina Blue".

I am thinking... so many things today: My mom's visit this weekend, a house that we looked at that has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, and a possible change to our adoption plans (still adopting, but maybe a change in country).

From the learning rooms... Oh, my, last week was a bust. Between me being sick and the kids being sick, neighbors packing up their house to move, and my mom coming for a visit...we just didn't get much of our planned work done. So, this week we are catching up - slowly. We missed some this morning helping my mom pack up her car and Thursday we have a Children's Theatre event...so we won't be able to entirely catch up. But by next week, we should be back on track.

I am thankful for... a praying church community

From the kitchen... another week of the "Sunday Roast Weekly Menu".

I am wearing... very casual today: gray and white yoga pants, white top, pink hoodie - and SOCKS!

I am reading... The Family Cloister and Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid and Real Food Revival.

I am hoping... for some positive information to come in concerning a "new" house we are considering.

I am creating... a huge batch of homemade croutons for my freezer (and eventually Christmas gifts).

I am hearing... my kids' enjoying lunch and one of their favorite TV shows, "Phineas and Ferb" - the "Squirrels in my pants" episode. Sound ridiculous? Well, it is, but it even makes me laugh. It qualifies as "brain candy" around here - you get to enjoy it in small doses.

Around the house... this week is the week to change out my clothes. I'm also going to do a very thorough culling of those clothes (both the Summer ones I'm putting away and the Autumn ones I'm bringing out). I just have too many things that I don't wear because they don't fit, or I don't really like them.

One of my favorite things... my new jeans from Chico's!!! They fit so well and are very flattering. I hate the thought of paying nearly $70 for jeans, but that is why I wait until I have a gift card AND a discount coupon. :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
  • Tuesday night I've got a work meeting for our Women's Retreat.

  • Thursday I'm taking the children to a Children's Theatre performance of "The 1,000 Cranes"

  • I might possibly drive to my mom's home in VA over the weekend so that I can help her look at a couple new houses.

You can read more posts (and more about the Daybook) here.

Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to subscribe via email or RSS to receive my blog updates.

0 comments: