This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Peter Piper's Picks - January 23rd

Reading for your morning coffee....

An amazing map, drawn by Matteo Ricci, a Jesuit priest who traveled and lived in China in the late 16th and early 17th centuries, on exhibit at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC.

Newbery Awards for 2010 are announced.

This story of three Swedes who have started a line of blue jeans made in North Korea fascinated me.  In Sweden some are buying and others are boycotting.   I think I'd buy them.  What would you do?

Twitter, meet Cicero.

Homeschool book reviews - a new blog.  This looks like it might be a great resource!

1 comments:

TwoSquareMeals said...

Ooh! We were considering a trip to DC soon. I think we'll have to go now so I can see that map. I did a research project on Ricci for my History of Mission class in grad school. He was incredibly brilliant! If his superiors had let the mission stay, China may have ended up a very different sort of place than it is today.