This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Sunday, August 3, 2008

7 Brilliante Bloggers


Not sure that I'm a brilliant blogger, but I've been given an award that says so. I feel a little like the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz when he gets his "Diploma" stating that he DOES have a brain.

Actually, two bloggers who are fairly new to me have sent me this award in the last week or two: The Gour Family - an awesome family and adoption blog and Beth from Pages of Our Life - who blogs about homeschooling and the Classical model.
So, according to Blog rules, I should:

Put the logo on my blog
Link to the person you received your award from
Nominate at least 7 other blogs
Put links to those blogs on your site
Leave messages on the blogs you've nominated

My nominees are:

1. Dad2Three - this guys is really quite funny. He blogs about life with three kids, home education, southern life, and his faith. I especially love hearing about his life in East Tennessee!

2. Two Square Meals - a fellow anglican, mom-blogger. The stories about her two young boys are funny, sweet, poignant. You'll enjoy her honesty and excellent conversations.


3. MoziEsme - missionary baby blogs from Mozambique. Talk about a niche blog - how many blogs do you know that are written from the perspective of a baby? And a missionary baby at that? Then throw in the life in Mozambique...lots of interesting stuff there!

4. OhBeCareful! - Jamie is a funny homeschooling mama! Don't miss her website - she has a great sense of humor that shines through her writing.

5. A Telling Place - an American woman married and living in Scotland. Kate is also a fellow Anglican. Lately, she's been dealing with infertility - and a pretty sobering diagnosis - sharing honest evaluations of her emotions, thoughts, experiences. But, she'd want me to say, that isn't all she blogs about!

6. On a Joyful Journey - Amy blogs about home education, special needs children, and life. If you have a special needs child in your life, be sure to visit Amy. Even if you don't, be sure to visit Amy.

7. Palm Tree Pundit - Anne blogs about home education...from HAWAII! Do I need to say more?

These are all blogs I read very regularly - and look forward to seeing updated in my RSS reader. I think you will enjoy reading them, too! Congratulations, friends!

Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to subscribe via email or RSS to receive my blog updates.

7 comments:

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Looking forward to checking out your great picks! This was a neat idea. You have some great nominees!

Mozi Esme said...

Wow - thanks for making my day! I'll be checking out the other sites, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award and the kind words, Kerry. :) Can't wait to check out the other blogs when I have a bit more time (in other words, sometime when I shouldn't already be in bed.)

Anne said...

Wow! Thanks so much! I'll be checking out the other blogs you listed, and I'll pass along the award later this week when I can come up for air.

Anonymous said...

WOW - Thanks Kerry. I guess I'll have to write more than once every week or two now. I'm flattered and always enjoy Ten O'Clock Scholar. Appreciate your kind words.

-- Dad2Three

Amy said...

My first blog award! I'm honored. Thank you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Kerry. I'm very touched. I'll look forward to checking out the other blogs. I'm at my parents' house in Tennessee just now, finally catching up with all that's been going on with my blog friends after nearly two weeks of no internet (but a wonderful holiday). I'll be sure to respond properly soon! Been thinking of you and Two Square Meals lots now that I'm back in Appalachia, particularly driving across the mountains of NC/TN. Lovely to be back in the Tri Cities.