This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, January 7, 2008

Menu Plan: Jan 7th - Jan 13th

Last week, I learned of a service in my local area that delivers fresh, locally grown, organic produce to your door. This is just the sort of thing I've been looking for, so I'm excited to give it a try. This will definitely change the way I plan meals, though.

Each week (Tuesdays) they email with the list of produce coming in the shipment. We can pick and choose from this list the things we'd like to recieve. Then the delivery comes on Thursday. So, this means I will have to begin my meal planning on Tuesday, shop for other things I need on Wednesday, and start my menu plan on Thursday. As this is the first week, I'll just have to stretch out my pantry until Thursday.

So, here is my plan for the first part of this week. Check back for the rest of the menu plan on Wednesday!

Monday
Tuna Tetrazzini*

Tuesday
Henerakaa (Finnish Yellow Split Pea Soup)* - makes a large batch. We'll eat half on Tues and Weds. and then freeze half for another week
Rye bread

Wednesday
leftover Henerakaa, rye bread

Check back for the rest of our weekly menu on Wednesday.
(* recipes to follow)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

So I'm interested to see what vegetables you got and what you did with them!
We have belonged to a CSA for a few months and it has been quite an adventure.