This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Monday, January 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Jan 17-23



My menu plan dates are odd because we receive a shipment of fresh, local produce on Thursdays. I am trying to plan my menu based on locally-available, seasonal produce and pantry or freezer items.



Thursday

Roasted Winter Vegetables, Italian sausage (turkey), bread

- one of my favorite winter meals



Friday

Nachos

- normally we have Pizza, but I didn't make it out to pick up my dough from the local pizzeria, so we punted and had nachos. Simple, quick - everyone's happy.



Saturday

Mushroom Ravioli with tomato sauce, Purple Cabbage and Green beans with Green Curry

- This was a mommy and daddy meal. The cabbage came in our weekly produce delivery. I'm not sure the two dishes go together, but they were both tasty. And the purple and green was beautiful!



Sunday

Penne with meat sauce, bread

- we had some ground turkey we needed to use up, so it went into this sauce.



Monday

Sweet & Sour Cabbage, Roasted Herbed Potatoes, breakfast sausage (turkey)
- using up our last bit of cabbage, some potatoes, and the turkey sausage we keep on hand in the freezer




Tuesday

Soup, salad and bread
- I'll use the leftover meat sauce from Sunday night, chicken stock, barley or rice, and whatever vegetables I want to use up. Probably potatoes and carrots.



Wednesday
COTF (Clean Out The Fridge) Night
- this is our homeschool co-op day, so it is nice to not worry about having to do anything more than pull out leftovers and heat them up.

0 comments: