This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Thursday, January 17, 2008

SNOW DAY!

Ahhh - a SNOW DAY! Last night as DH and I were climbing into bed, we noticed it had started snowing, as predicted. Big, fluffy, wet flakes - and lots of them! Of course, in true Carolina fashion, it began to warm up just enough to turn to rain by the morning. There is still snow on the ground (at 9:30), but it is looking quite slushy.



I was hesitant to do it, but I let the kids go out right after they wolfed down some breakfast (eaten in record time, as you might guess). They managed to have a great time despite the fact that it was raining. They even built a snowman and had a snowball fight. Down here in the sunny south, we are not picky about our snow - we'll enjoy it no matter the conditions!



Oh, my, they came in totally drenched, red-cheeked, frozen-fingered and quite happy. Look at the pile of clothes!



Then they snuggled up on the couch under a warm, toasty down comforter while I fixed the requisite hot cocoa. It just wouldn't be a snow day with out it, would it?









I do love snow days. They are a little different when you are home-schooling, however. Even when other schools may be cancelled, we can still get some work in. It is hard to concentrate when there is all that lovely snow out there...but it is best to atleast try...





Now, to convince them we still have to do school. Heck, now to convince ME we still have to do school.

4 comments:

Bob said...

ok, now that's just not fair! you get enough snow to play in down in NORTH CAROLINA!?!

i love richmond, but jack frost really needs to start some serious toe-nipping down here!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am jealous! I've lived in Texas for almost 8 years now, and we had a light dusting of snow ONE YEAR on Christmas Eve a few years back. I long for colder weather--even just enough to be ready to bear the hot and humid summer when it comes. I can only *dream* of snow.

Mind if I live vicariously through you to enjoy your snow day? ;-)

Great pics, love the happy snuggling kids, piles of wet clothes... and of course the hot chocolate on the stove. Hope you all have a lovely finish to your snow day, whether or not you get any school done. :-)

TwoSquareMeals said...

I'm jealous. We got nothing but rain in this part of the state. In true NC overreacting fashion, they did cancel or postpone most schools and salt I-40. But the weather just wasn't paying attention to all of our preparation.

Kerry said...

Heh. The urge to go out a buy milk and bread is almost overwhelming. *groan* We had cancelled and delayed schools. Too bad, because all this melt is gonna FREEZE tonight and they're gonna REALLy miss school tomorrow.

Jamie - you are welcome to live vicariously here! And you know, we did do school and went next door for a birthday party. :) It was a very good day.

and Bob, dear old Bob, all I have to say is "NAH NAH!" ;) (he's an old friend - and by that I mean that a) I've known him a long time and b) he's old, but still younger than me, so I guess the jokes on me.)