This blog has permanently moved to a new blogging address. Come on over to
The Potter's Shed!


Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WFMW - Keeping Your Silver Shiny EASILY!

After Christmas, I bet you have all your silver all shiny and pretty looking, right? Sad to think you might have to go through all that polishing again next year, huh? What a chore! Wouldn't you like to avoid that? Well, last year I discovered a really great little product for keeping my silver all nice and shiny: 3M Anti-Tarnish Strips.

They come in strips approx 2 inches by 6 inches and keep silver looking nicely polished for up to 6 months. That is according to 3M, mine have been keeping my silver shiny for almost a year! They work by treating the air around the silver item and retarding the chemical process that leads to tarnish. They work great in silver chests, hutches, or other "closed" environments (like a jewelry chest).

I purchased a bag of 16 strips. This was enough for my silver chest (one per drawer), my hutch (used approx 10 in various places), and 1 in my jewelry box. I've got some leftover which I'll store in a ziplock bag and use to replace the ones in the hutch as needed.

Here is a link to purchase. I have no affilliation with this company at all - just love this product!

Want more great ideas? Check out Works For Me Wednesday!

1 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for this tip! My silver tarnishes so quickly in our climate, and I'm tired of polishing!